Dniprodzerzhynsk Rome-Catholic parish of St. Mycolai formed due to the construction of a steel plant Dniprovski in Kamianske (from 1936 – Dniprodzerzhynsk). Workers from Poland formed the majority of the parish fellowship. At the initiative of the general manager of the plant Ignati Jasyukovych, according to the design of architect Marian Chormanski in 1895-1897 in Kamianske was built a Catholic temple. Solemn ceremony of consecration of the temple carried out bishop Joseph Aloise Kepler from Teraspol. In 1913 the number of the Catholics reached 7 thousand.
On December 12 of 1929 the temple in Kamianske was confiscated by the regime. The last Father Superior was imprisoned, served his sentence in prison camps in Siberia and was finally executed in 1938. In the building of the temple the authorities opened a Polish club, and throughout the next 60 years the building was occupied by: a military registration and enlistment office, a stable (at the time of Nazis occupation), draft military office, affiliated branch of Marxism-Leninism university, planetarium, marine school, Voluntary Society for Assisting Army, Air Force and Navy, workshops of arts fund, warehouse of firm “Furniture”, cooperative societies, VSAAAFN sport and technical circles.
In the beginning of the nineties of the twentieth century emerged an initiative group, which was the first to be concerned about the return of the temple, which at that time was almost destroyed and was virtually unused. On November 30, 1991 to Dniprodzerzhynsk from Kharkiv came father Yuri Ziminski, who conducted a service on the footsteps of the neglected temple. The first Father Superior became diocesan priest of the parish of Lublin, father Martin Yankevich, who at first was coming and going, but later in 1992 came to stay and worked in the city until 1999. Father Martin completed the process of the temple restitution and started the difficult process of its restoration, but above all the restoration of God's temple in human hearts. On December 6, 1997 the temple celebrated its 100 th anniversary and was for the second time consecrated by bishop Stanislav Padevski.
On August 7, 1999 Friars Capuchin, which came by the invitation of the previous Father Superior took over the temple and since than have been busy with pastoral ministry and continuation of restoration of the temple.